December 17, 2012

the fam-bam




I realize Thanksgiving is over, and Christmas is literally just about to peek it's head around the corner and scream "Surprise! I'm here!" but that doesn't mean my thankful heart has gone anywhere. 
Today, I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful that we are all imperfect. That we all yell, get mad, bug each other, laugh with each other, and love each other. I'm thankful for my two older sisters who are beautiful and have taught me countless things in life. I'm thankful for my brother who challenges me every day in many ways and his kind, accepting heart. I'm thankful for my parents who have raised us all to love the Lord in an unforced way. I'm thankful for their bed that we have sat around countless nights until early hours of the morning either laughing, crying, fighting, yelling, etc...(actually all of those seem to happen at the same time).
I'm glad I have them, because I really don't think I'd want anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment