November 10, 2012

Day 9.

Yesterday I was thankful that one day I get to be a mom. Today I'm thankful that one day I get to be a wife.



I'd like to be the kind of wife who creates a peaceful home. Whatever that may look like...if he needs a clean house, I'll keep it clean (okay lets be honest, with this neat freak it's going to be clean anyways), if he needs it to be quiet, I will tone down the volume of my ever so loud voice and keep quiet, if he really...really...really wants the laundry done all the time, I'll put aside my absolute hate for doing laundry and get it done. If it's little things like keeping things organized and put away, I'll make sure that's the case 100% of the time.

I'd like to be an agreeable wife! I am extremely stubborn and way too independent sometimes. I like to do things on my own, without being told how to do them. Seriously, if you give me tips on how to open a peanut butter jar, or how to do dishes, I'll argue back that my way is just as effective and really, did I even ask for your permission in the first place? Nope. See? It's a real problem. Proverbs 21:9 says "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." Say what? Don't you think that is a little too extreme? .... The more I think about it, the more I agree with it. If I was a man, I would so not want to live with an argumentative, quarrelsome wife. In fact, if someone was arguing with me over stupid things LIKE how to open a peanut butter jar, or how to do the dishes, I myself would like to go live on a tiny little roof corner...and for sure I do not want to be the kind of wife who causes my husband to want to live on a roof, rather than in our home.

I'd like to be a recreational wife. I am completely not the type of girl to sit on a couch and do nothing. I want to be out, I want to do, I want to try new and exciting things. I want to have crazy adventures.

I want to be an attractive wife. "Hello, yes obviously" you may say. I don't want to ever stop being attractive for my main man. I want to continue to be attractive for him even though I know I'll already have him.

I'd like to be an encouraging wife. One that builds up with my words, thoughts, and actions. I'd like to be an  encourager, an admirer, and appreciative and SHOW it all day, everyday. I'd like to be the kind of wife who my husband will feel safe with. Not the kind of safe where I'd beat somebody for him (although if he asked, I'd sure try), but the kind where he knows that he will have someone praying for him continually, on his side always, and will be there for him until my dying days.

I'd like to be a sweet, gentle, loving, captivating, and precious type of wife.

Honestly this list could go on for days...but for now, last and probably the most importantly, I want to be a submissive and respectful wife. This is probably going to be really hard. Not so much the respectful part, but the submissive part. I am almost way too independent...and submitting myself to someone else is going to be difficult, but I know with the right person it will be easy and worth it.
1 Corinthians 11:3 -  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Ephesians 5:22-23, 33 - Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior...However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. '
1 Peter 3:1-2 - Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 

xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment