November 09, 2012

Day 8




I adore the rain. It's always been my favorite type of weather. The sky gets dark, the air gets cold, and the world turns a sparkly version of itself, that in my eyes is even more beautiful than it already is. Fire places get used, fuzzy socks get pulled out, scarves, boots, sweaters, and the heater is turned on...(finally!) When my siblings and I were younger, the rain was always a big deal. Especially to me. Because we were home schooled (yes, we're that kind of family) the rain meant that we would get to sleep in on these cuddly mornings just a little bit longer. It meant that we would probably get to do just a little less schoolwork and a lot more listening to my mom read out loud while we colored on the floor. It meant that we were probably going to get hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. If you had asked me on a rainy when I was five if I had a cool mom, I'd tell you in the five year old way saying "Yeah, she's a bad ass." On one of these awesome kiddie rainy days, I decided that I wanted to be just like my mom, even more some on a rainy day. I wanted to give my kids hot chocolate, watch movies, and make blanket forts with them too...
Now that I'm older, and think about having littles far too often...whenever it rains I think to myself maybe a little too proudly, "I'm gonna be a bad ass mom, just like mine, and I cannot wait for rainy days spent with my little babes!"
I will do just that.

I'm thankful for a bomb mom, and that i'll get to be one someday, too! 







1 comment:

  1. I wish we had read more, made more forts and drank more hot chocolate! The time goes by way too fast! If it makes you feel any better, when I was your age I couldn't hardly stand the wait for children!

    ReplyDelete