July 02, 2012

I will love again, and it will be magnificent.

Dear future lover,
I have a hard heart. It's been broken, torn, bruised, and has been made messy. It has loved, it has hated. Sometimes it feels lovely and sometimes it feels really gross. But most of the time...it's hard and bitter. Sometime I feel like it is completely pointless to try and make it anything other than that. But then I realize, you are the reason. I have loved and lost, and if I keep my heart hard...I will never be able to love others the way Jesus wants me to. That includes you, future husband. I hope that you will adore my heart all the time, no matter what shape it's in...and I hope that to you, my heart is forever keep-able.

Trying to live and love
With a heart that can't be broken
Is like trying to see the light with eyes that can't be opened.
 
I'll let you look inside me, through the stains and through the cracks
And in the darkness of this moment
You see the good and bad.
But try not to judge me, 'cause we've walked down different paths
 But it brought us here together, so I won't take that back.


Xo,
Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment