July 21, 2012

Husband letters.



Dear unknown and maybe unmet future husband,
with the sisters wedding literally right around the corner we have been insanely busy. With all this wedding stuff right in front of my face it's hard not to think of my own dreams and what I would want for my own day. When I think about marriage, I don't really think of the DAY that I get to marry you. It jumps to different things, like carrying out the Mann family every Saturday morning pancake breakfast tradition, having major life adventures with you, or how you're going to deal with someone who hates do to laundry more than olives...
Anyways, long story short?
When I was in 8th grade, my lovely mother told me that I should pray for you and my unborn kids every day. At first I had no idea why or what to even say, but now that I'm older I realize that she gave me some of the best advice a mom can give a daughter.
I pray for you every single day.

I pray that you will be a spirit controlled Christian. Ephesians 5:18.
I pray that Jesus is number one in your life, and not just an ornament. Mark 12:30.
I pray that you have a soft heart that relies on Christ alone. Philippians 4:13.
I pray that you are a man of vision, someone who cares for others relationships with Christ. Romans 10:14.
I pray that you are not overly, but sensitive and in tune to others needs. Galatians 6:2.
I pray that you understand the awesome responsibility of a husband to his wife. Ephesians 5:25-31.
I pray that you are humble enough to be a disciple but able to disciple others (hopefully high school students). Matthew 28:19-20.
I pray that you are a man of prayer and know it's the key to a successful relationship with Jesus. Colossians 4:2.
I pray that you are a family man who wants to raise kids to adore Christ. Proverbs 22:6.
I pray that you are patient and don't lash out not if, but WHEN I mess up. Colossians 4:6.
I pray that you are honest, all day, everyday. Proverbs 12:22.

I'm excited to pray these things and will continue to do so long after we have said "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment