January 10, 2012

waiting.


I've always been a dreamer, but my dreams seem to change a lot. I'm more of a come up with a big idea, but not keep it kind of girl. I've never had a dream that I could see myself in loud and clear. Never had one that makes so much sense only in my head, until a few nights ago. I've wanted to be a cosmetologist for a while. A few years ago I went through the struggle of having an eating disorder. I decided on cosmetology to help make women feel beautiful and good about themselves, not just on the outside, but telling them that they are fearfully and wonderfully made on the inside and that the King is enthralled by their beauty.  I was on the computer and saw a random ad on the side of the page for the arrojo cosmetology school in New York.  I'd heard about it but not in full detail. I stayed up until three in the morning reading their online magazine, and gears clicked in my head. This would be an amazing opportunity, if this was on my resume I could go anywhere, get any job, and be anything (within the field of cosmetology), but....it would cost me a huge amount. Long story short, a few days later, I'm discouraged. My parents tell me that God has a plan for me, which of course He does, and that this is America, I can be anything that I want to be and do anything I set my mind to. Even after listening to them my heart was still heavy, dwelling on the fact that someone like me would probably never get the chance to do something this great. I picked up this book which everyone needs to have a copy of, and this was on the page...
"I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don't be discouraged-never give up! With My help, you can overcome any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent."
So maybe that's just a coincidence, but maybe not.  Maybe I'm the most impatient woman in the world but if God wants me to do this, it will happen.  But for now...I just need to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment