January 23, 2012

Glitter smokey eye tutorial.

I'm really digging the 2012 glitter craze. 


So I decided I'd try it myself. I like number two the best for an every day or going out look.

To get it...?

Start with a clean and moisturized face. Use foundation, powder, and blush to match your face.
First prime your eyes. I like the clinique eye shadow primer in canvas.
It's super shiny and holds your eye makeup in place until YOU take it off. 
I use mine right on the base of my lid along my lash line, and underneath my eyebrows for a nice highlight. 
Then I used MACS platinum pigment. (Thanks Blair!) It is super bright and ridiculously sparkly. To apply I used a Mac blending brush. 
Apply the pigment on your lid, and under your eye for more of a pop. 
Next use a dark grey in your crease and on the outside corner of your lid. (I like Greens smoke by MAC.
Then use a liquid eyeliner (any will do). I like black. If you're not used to the liquid, don't just draw a straight line across your eye because it will look terrible, but try it in little sweeps all the way across. 
Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara to finish the eyes. 
To finish the look add a light color to your lips. (NEVER do a smoky eye and bright lip, it's way too much on the face. Choose one or the other.) 


The end! Happy glitter day! 
ps next time i'll use a better camera. these picture are horrid.


No comments:

Post a Comment