October 22, 2011

I'm restless until I rest in Him.


Sometimes when my heart is anxious and restless, all it takes to reverse it is an early morning walk with Jesus.
With the freezing air, frost on the grass, the sun that just came up over the mountains, the amazing colored autumn leaves on the trees and crunching under my feet, and early morning birds singing like crazy, it's easy to see that He is walking right next me.
In the craziness of life, sometimes I forget that He is always walking with me...
I get distracted, selfish, and just plain gross-hearted which instantly leads to restlessness in my soul.
I'm restless until I rest in Him.

Psalm 62:1-2
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

Exodus 33:14
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment