July 07, 2011

What's up generation?

Sometimes..when you just can't sleep..and you've been trying for hours..and you got in bed extra early..and you're almost to the point of tears because you've been starring at the ceiling for hours and you've tried every possible position you could sleep in..you turn on the raido. 
Yeah maybe not you, but that's how I try to remedy this situation. Most of the time it works, but last night it didn't. I just got distracted with the words of K-love and didn't fall asleep for a long time. 
One of my favorite worship songs came on and normally has this amazing effect of emotion on me, but last night it did not. In the song Hosanna by Hillsong there is a line that says "I see a generation, rising up to take their place with selfless faith" and I got to thinking that in this day and age and with MY generation...there aren't many people my age even trying to rise up and take their place, and I sure as heck don't see much selfless faith. What's up, generation? What are we even doing with our lives? 
I think I'm going to start focusing more on my selfless faith and living my life worthy of the calling I've revived by Jesus Christ himself. I think I get caught up in the fact that I'm only 17 and most people stereotype teenagers to the max.
I want to live like this:
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity" 
1 Timothy 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment