July 18, 2011

Mexico

Well, I'm not super sure how to sum up this years Mexico trip but I'll try in just a few words and pictures...but basically the trip is a group of amazing high schoolers, college kids, young adults, and older adults being the hands and feet of Christ, and building a house for a family in need. We take five days out of our summer and serve in Tijuana. I love it. I've done it for four years now and it seems like it just keeps getting better and better. This year was the second best trip I've been on (nothing beats the first year when absolutely everything went wrong) and I think it's because I pushed myself out of my comfort zone in a whole lot of different ways. First was evangelizing. On the second day of building the house, or group splits into two teams and one stays on construction and one goes off into a different town and gathers people up by banging on their doors and screaming "Buenos Dias!" as loud as possible. Every year I've gone to Mexico in the past, I have stayed behind and worked on the house, but this year I was challenged to go with the second group and share my testimony and pray for those who have never heard of Christ. At first I was terrified and so nervous but I did it anyways. 
I also ate brain. Yes, cow brain. It taste like super fatty beef. I doubt I'd eat it again...unless it absolutely needed to be done...annnd played some mousetrap spoons. Ouch.
Over all it was an amazing trip, with amazing experiences, and amazing friendships that came out of it.

(pictures from Geoff, Lance, and Candace)

Now tomorrow at five in the morning I'm off to North Carolina from two weeks. I'm almost positive I'm taking my laptop, so I'll try to keep up with the blogging world, but it's not my all so we'll see. 
xxoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment