May 17, 2011

Fierce


All my life I've grown up absolutely adoring the rain. Not even just me, but my whole family also. Whenever it would rain my dad would make a fire and we'd get all cozy and read or watch movies in our PJ's all day. On days like this it's always chill and comforting. Last year I went on a mission trip Haiti. In the beginning the trip was super stressful because it took us a long time to get there with extra flights missed, but once we got there I was even more frustrated because I couldn't recognize God in every single thing possible. It seemed like He wasn't even there with me...like I left Him back in the U.S. I got super irked at myself and was laying in my bed around my third night there. Everyone else was asleep and where all the girls slept was covered by a tin roof. After trying to fall asleep but my head was going 1235 miles a second. Fast. I was having major doubts and getting really frustrated with God. I had no doubt that he existed, but more that He was with me and the power that He had over my life. So during my total pessimist breakdown it started pouring. Most of you might be thinking Salinas pouring...um no. It doesn't even compare to what this was like. It almost sounded like the Huns were attacking. Anyways, It was SO loud and to me it was like God was using the rain to say "How dare you doubt me at all!" Kinda weird because most people feel closest to God in worship, listening to someone talk about Him, or in nature...but I've never felt closer to God in any other situation than that. He used something that I love and something that was insanely powerful. Something that I was familiar with. Well last night I had the best nights sleep ever. It was pouring and windy and fierce. I wish it was everyday. I'd never get sick of it.

Isaiah 35:3-4


 Strengthen the feeble hands,
   steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
   “Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
   he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
   he will come to save you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment