April 19, 2011

Insecure


I've struggled with body image my whole life.  I've never been happy with how I look.  I was looking for a picture online the other day and came across a picture with words all over it.  It was on a day when I for sure didn't feel the greatest about myself, and Satan decided to totally creep in and attack my head .  Worse part is, he pretty much always wins here.  The picture read "If you eat, you'll never be skinny like her.  You'll be and get fat.  No one will remember you as the thin and pretty girl.  You're clothes are gonna get too small.  No guy will ever want you.  That dress will look horrible on you.  You'll always look like a whale.  You can never dance.  You'll be ugly.  Forever."
Ouch. 
I mean what? Who would even write that? The worse part is me thinking "Oh yeah, totally" and having the completely feeling of defeat and worthlessness wash over me in seconds.  My good mood went away instantly.  I was discontent in an instant.  So not fair.  I don't want to care about my outward appearance.  I just want a beautiful heart. I've learned to at least try to block out these lies when they come my way with one simple verse. 

The King is enthralled by your beauty. – Psalm 45:11
 
Um what?  The most opinion ever is enthralled by my beauty?  Crazy!  I don't have to be insecure.  I have one life and one body that works and functions completely normally.  I'm lucky.  It's not okay for me to complain or even be dissatisfied.  My heavenly father, precious Jesus, is enthralled by MY beauty.  That's all that matters. 

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, you are inspirational with all your post my love, I love reading how you have overcome the devil;s temptations and lies, it honestly helps me out too, i struggle with the same things, thanks for helping ME out with this verse and helping me with your example. (: Thanks for being awesome lovely. xo _Chaelon

    ReplyDelete