March 13, 2011

Lovely words?



Sometimes I really like to listen. Not just when someone is talking to me, but listening to things around me. Kind of like people watching with my ears. I do this a lot actually, but sometimes the things I hear are super irking. Since when is it the “in” thing for people to be insanely vulgar and disgusting? Especially young ladies! Schwhatt? Maybe it’s just how I was raised, but I really don’t think it’s attractive for a young woman to cuss, talk about nasty personal issues, or throw out “that’s what she said” jokes every other sentence like word vomit. I’m not really a fan of super crude humor and find myself actually offended when I’m surrounded by it. One thing that’s super hard for me is speaking up. If I was brave then I’d spew my thoughts on this subject at sed-perfect moment. I think these young women should try to be and speak like princesses! I want to be a young woman who speaks lovely and God honoring words. Keep me accountable?

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. -  Psalm 19:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment